Dr. Tae-joon Seo Memorial Scholarship Program
The Dr. Tae-joon Seo Memorial Scholarship Program was created to honor a longtime Baptist Health Corbin physician who died in 2007. Through the generosity of Dr. Seo’s family members and friends, his memory will live on through this endowment within the Baptist Health Foundation.
The purpose of the Dr. Tae-joon Seo Memorial Scholarship Program is intended to support individuals who live in South Eastern Kentucky and are pursuing a career as a radiology technologist. The scholarship is open to students in their final year at high school who have been accepted to a technology school, and to students who are currently enrolled in a technology school and are seeking financial assistance in completing this training. Each awardee is eligible for up to $1000.00 towards technology school tuition ($500.00 per year for up to two years). Students must maintain a grade point average of at least 3.0 in order to maintain their qualification for the scholarship. One new student will be selected each year for the scholarship.
Selection of the scholar will be based primarily upon financial need. Other significant factors include academic performance, integrity of character, and promise shown for future achievement. Scholarship applications are due by April 1st of each year.
To qualify for the $500 stipend, you must submit:
- Proof of admission to an accredited technology school (letter of acceptance for high school seniors, academic transcript from technology school for students currently enrolled)
- Documentation of financial need: complete copies of parents’, spouse’s, and their own most recent 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ and W2 forms
- All nontaxable income (AFDC, ADC, Social Security Benefits, etc.) also must be documented by the appropriate agency
- Two letters of recommendation from instructors who have taught the applicant within the last two years
- Completed application form
- High school transcript
The deadline to apply is April 1. A selection committee composed of both internal and external reviewers will select a Seo Scholar by May 1st. The scholarship will be awarded to the scholar during their local school award/scholarship presentation program. Recipients of the Seo Memorial Scholarship must submit a school transcript by January 10th to the selection committee, validating eligibility for the second year of the scholarship.
Completed applications and transcripts may be delivered to Baptist Health Corbin, c/o Debbie Hardin, 1 Trillium Way, Corbin, KY 40701 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baptist Healthcare Foundation
Helping Us Help Others