Women's and Children's Classes
Baptist Health Corbin is committed to preparing expectant parents and families for the childbirth experience. We offer a variety of classes to meet your unique information needs. Class dates and times are available in the physicians' offices or you may call 606-523-8734 for class information.
Early Prenatal Class
This two hour class is held once a month and covers:
- Nutrition and exercise guidelines for pregnancy;
- Warning signals;
- Normal discomforts during pregnancy; and
- Pregnancy Do's and Don'ts.
Bring a blanket and pillow to the class, and plan to attend it early in your pregnancy.
This two-hour class is offered from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. once a month and covers:
- Preparation for breastfeeding;
- Starting out right;
- The technique for helping baby onto the breast;
- Father's role;
- Returning to work while still breastfeeding; and
- Collection and storage of breast milk.
Husbands and significant others are encouraged to attend.
Prenatal Class Series
Baptist Health Corbin's Prenatal Class Series is one day a week from 7:00 to 9:30 p.m. for five consecutive weeks. Topics include Labor Guide & relaxation tech. An all-day Saturday class is available which covers most of the material from the series, with the exception of infant care and CPR.
Classes are FREE to those expectant parents who are planning to deliver at Baptist Health Corbin.