Baptist Health Family Fitness
Baptist Health Family Fitness located in Corbin on Cumberland Gap Parkway, our center provides wellness services for the entire family, with trained professionals who can show you how to develop a personal and healthy exercise plan.
Why get into shape?
Getting into shape isn't just about losing weight. It's a change in lifestyle. Our staff is trained to help you set up a workout that fits you and your body and will help you gain:
- Longer life. Studies show that exercise adds years to your life and life to your years.
- More energy. Exercise benefits your body by increasing your energy levels. A fit body doesn't have to work as hard, so your daily activities don't leave you exhausted.
- Less stress. As little as 15 minutes of walking acts like a natural tranquilizer. By creating natural fatigue, you will sleep more deeply and wake feeling refreshed.
Baptist Health Family Fitness offers a variety of services to help you get into shape. You can choose from:
- Aerobics studio with a selection of classes;
- Sprint Circuit workout;
- Hammer Strength machines;
- Body Master free weights;
- Cardiovascular Center which offers treadmills, rowers, stairclimbers, crosstrainers, life cycles and TV viewing for the entire area;
- Brewer's Ledge "Climbing Wall";
- Massage therapy;
- Spa Packages
- Wheelchair-accessible strength machines;
- Fitness evaluations;
- Body fat testing;
- Shaolin-Do, for ages 4 through adult;
- Complete shower and locker room facilities including saunas, amenities and free towel service;
- Free supervised playroom service for children 6 weeks to 9 years old offered mornings, Monday through Saturday, from 8:00 to 12:00 p.m., and evenings, Monday through Thursday, from 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Fridays from 3:30 to 7:00 p.m. Also available is an unsupervised youth lounge available for ages 9 - 12 open daily.
- Personalized programs for beginners of all ages;
- Pro shop; and
- Travel exchange program.
- Indoor Pool (3 lap lanes)
- Juice Bar
- Kid Fitness Strength Machines
Professional staffing at Baptist Family Fitness Center includes friendly and courteous professionals trained in Exercise Science or Physical Education. Personal trainers are provided to work with individuals on setting up a sound exercise program.
Baptist Health Family Fitness is open Monday through Friday from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Sunday from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
CHANGE YOUR LIFE...
Baptist Health Family Fitness provides you with endless opportunities to get fit and stay healthy for life. And our friendly, professional staff supports you in achieving a balanced approach to exercise, weight management, stress reduction.
For More Information
Baptist Health Family Fitness Center offers you a variety of programs year round; self- or instructor-led activities; continual staff support; increased self-esteem; motivational support; the key to a healthy lifestyle; and improved productivity. Take the first step to a new you by joining today! For more information, call (606) 526-0007.
Baptist Health Imaging Services
Baptist Health Corbin would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our dedicated outpatient imaging and diagnostic centers. Baptist Health Imaging South, Baptist Health Imaging North and our newly opened Baptist Health Imaging and Diagnostics London. These new centers were designed for the convenience of both, physicians and patients, providing quick and convenient, state-of-the-art diagnostic testing. The diagnostic centers offer an alternative location for patients needing diagnostic studies performed where they can easily access these services without having to come to the main hospital campus for service. These centers house some of the latest innovations in diagnostic equipment.
Baptist Health Corbin recently acquired two diagnostic centers, Baptist Health Cardiac Imaging located at 55 Thannoli Drive and 349 Bogle Street, Somerset, Kentucky. Speciality services include nuclear cardiac imaging and cardiac ultrasound.
Heart Care Center
Do you know the signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are you at risk? You're in the right place to learn more. Click on one of the links below.
Since 2007, patients and families in Corbin have looked to Baptist Health Corbin's Orthopedic Center of Excellence to help address problems of the musculoskeletal system, including arthritis and joint replacement. Using the latest techniques and treatments, surgeons perform more total joint replacement procedures, including knee and hip replacements, than any other hospital in Southeastern Kentucky. For more information about Baptist Health Orthopedics click on the links.
WORLD-CLASS ORTHOPEDIC SERVICES
Our full range of orthopaedic specialities include:
- Inpatient care for orthopedic patients
- Preparation for total joint replacement surgery
- Comprehensive rehabilitation services for those who qualify
- Physical therapy services -- acute care, rehab and outpatient
PATIENT EDUCATION PRIOR TO ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY
A room within the hospital has been set aside for orthopedic education and patient services, so patients know exactly what to expect. Patients will receive a 55-page booklet which will explain their surgery, its effects and exercises they can do to help heal.
MORE ON ORTHOPEDICS AT BAPTIST
Six private patient rooms are reserved in the orthopedic unit for patients recovering from joint replacement surgery (total knees and hips). If you would like a tour of the facility prior to surgery or additional information, please contact Vernon Taylor, coordinator for the Baptist Orthopaedic Center at 606-528-1212 extension 4516.
You can also find a wealth of information on orthopedics any time on this site:
- Knee know-how for women
- Make your home safe from falls
- Protect your ankles
- Orthopedic services, procedures and tests:
Baptist Health Corbin provides comprehensive rehabilitation services to disabled children and adults. Our goal to promote the highest level of functional mobility, activity and communication while teaching the patient and family methods used to work toward restoration.
Our rehabilitation services include:
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Center, providing inpatient rehabilitation to people who have been disabled by an injury or illness.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center, services include outpatient physical therapy and occupational therapy. The Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 606-528-2149.
- Outpatient Physical Therapy Department for children and adults, to help patients regain their strength, coordination and balance after an illness or injury and reach specific goals, such as going back to work, recovering from a sports injury or catching up developmentally.
- Speech and Language Pathology and Audiology for children and adults, to help patients overcome communication, swallowing, visual/perception and cognitive problems.
Our services are provided to patients of all ages, from newborns to the elderly. All rehabilitation is specifically tailored to the individual needs of participants and their family circumstances. For more information about inpatient rehabilitation services at Baptist Health Corbin, call (606) 528-1212. For information about outpatient rehabilitation services, call 606-528-2149.
The Trillium Center at Baptist Health Corbin
The Trillium Center at Baptist Health Corbin offers a continuum of mental health services including individualized treatment for psychiatric support and recovery from addiction.
The Trillium Center is committed to helping patients find and maintain the balance in their lives. This is facilitated in an atmosphere of safety, concern and confidentiality. In addition to The Briscoe Clinic at The Trillium Center, we also offer the following programs:
- Chemical Dependency Intensive Outpatient Treatment to help adults achieve continued sobriety while establishing a true sense of dignity.
- Adult Detox Recovery Program to help adults in addiction recovery.
- Inpatient Adult Psychiatric Units for adults and seniors with emotional mental health problems.
- Adolescent Psychiatric and Partial Program developed for adolescents ranging in age from 12 to 17 with a psychiatric diagnosis or addiction recovery.
The Briscoe Clinic at the Trillium Center offers a full range of behavioral health services for children, adolescents, adults and seniors. Individuals are helped to regain control of their lives by teaching them effective ways of dealing with problems and daily living skills which promote mental, physical and spiritual well-being and enhanced mental health.
Choosing a treatment facility for psychiatric problems or addictions is not an easy task. You want professional care; you want your privacy protected; and you want all this in a comfortable atmosphere. We at the Trillium Center are committed to meeting these very needs. For more information, call 1-800-395-4435 or (606) 523-5900.
If you feel you are in danger of harming yourself, please go to the nearest emergency room, call 911 or call the National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433).
Womens & Childrens Services
Women's Health: Women's Health provides family oriented care for new mothers and those requiring mid-life care. Baptist Health Corbin provides bone density and mammography services through our Radiology Department. Learn more about these women's services.
Pediatrics: We proudly provide medical and surgical care to our young population and promote family-centered care that encourages the parents to assist in the patients care.
Register in advance for your procedure.
World-Class Maternity Facilities
The Birthing Center at Baptist Health Corbin offers expectant families up-to-date maternity care in a warm, family centered environment. From the state-of-the art equipment to the tender touch of caring nurses and physicians, we offer a truly memorable childbirth experience.
Perinatal Diagnostic Services: Expectant mothers want to give their babies the very best possible start in life. For this reason, your doctor may recommend special tests to take a look at the growing life inside you. Baptist Health Corbin's Radiology Department offers obstetrical ultrasound and amniocentesis to monitor your babies progress. Learn more about these women's services.
Educational Classes to Prepare Families for the Childbirth Experience: Baptist Health Corbin offers a variety of classes to meet the unique informational needs of expectant parents, including:
- Early Prenatal Class, designed to answer many of the questions that newly pregnant mothers- and fathers-to-be have about nutrition, exercise and physical discomforts during the early months of pregnancy;
- Breastfeeding Class, to help prepare expectant parents for the breastfeeding experience;
- Prenatal Class, which covers Lamaze childbirth techniques, infant care and infant CPR.
During your hospital stay, you will receive individual instruction to prepare you to care for both yourself and your newborn after discharge. You can also watch educational television programs about infant care on the hospital's Newborn Channel (24/7).
Baby Steps: With Baptist Health Corbin’s Baby Steps you can find answers to all your baby-related questions.
Pre-registration: You can pre-register online four to six weeks before your due date. (We recommend doing so at the beginning of your eight month of pregnancy). Although you will still have to check in at Emergency Room Admissions, your admission will be easier and take less time.
Labor/Delivery/Recovery (LDR) Rooms: These private rooms provide laboring mothers and their families with a relaxed atmosphere during the childbirth process. Each is equipped with a television/DVD, telephone, private bath, baby scrales and a convertible couch where your coach can rest. Learn more about these women's services.
Camera and Photography: Bring the camera, video-camera and plenty of film to capture those first few moments after baby's birth. Photography or videotaping of medical procedures including the actual birth is not allowed. After a Caesarean-section, only still photography is allowed.
Anesthesia: There are several options for laboring mothers at Baptist Health Corbin. Learn more about these women's services.
Massage Therapy for New Mommies: Aiming to transform the hospital stay into one of relaxation and rejuvenation, Baptist Health Corbin offers complimentary labor and postnatal massage sessions for our new mothers. Sessions are available Monday through Friday 10am to 5pm, but if the child arrives on any other day, mom will receive a voucher so she can make an appointment for her massage at an alternate time. Learn more about these women's services.
Women's Health Center: After the baby is born and you are in stable condition, you will move to Baptist Health Corbin's Women's Health Center where you will be cared by our experienced staff until you are ready to go home. All rooms are private and have been recently renovated to provide a warm and comfortable environment. Learn more about these women's services.
Newborn Nursery: When you want to rest, your newborn will be lovingly cared for by the experienced professionals. If you choose to have your baby cared for in the nursery, the baby will be brought to you for "demand" feedings.
Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Nursery: This dedicated unit is designed to care for babies born prematurely or those who need a little help adjusting during the first few days of life. Our Level II Nursery is one of only eight in the commonwealth providing services to residents of Southeastern Kentucky. It is equipped to care for all but the most critically ill newborns.
Newborn Photos: Our 365 takes pictures of each newborn and are on the web site for direct purchase. You can view the babies on-line.
Lactation Consultant: Specially trained registered nurses (RN's) are available to answer your questions about breastfeeding and help you get started. Your doctor or nurse can write an order for a lactation consultation during your hospital stay. After you go home, you may also call the certified childbirth educator at (606) 523-8734 to discuss any breastfeeding questions or concerns.
In Celebration of New Life: To help share in the celebration of a new birth, Baptist Health Corbin plays "Brahms Lullaby" over the intercom whenever a new baby is born. Parents receive a personalized welcome gift that includes a Baptist Health Corbin receiving blanket, diaper bag, children's passport, a three (3) month membership to Baptist Family Fitness and a postpartum massage. We want the experience of your new arrival to be a memory that you will always cherish.
MORE ON WOMEN'S SERVICES AT BAPTIST REGIONAL
For more information about Women's and Children's Services at Baptist Health Corbin, call (606) 528-1212. We look forward to meeting you and sharing your childbirth experience.