COMPREHENSIVE DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING SERVICES
Baptist Health Corbin's diagnostic imaging for inpatient and outpatient services combines the latest technology with a caring and professional healthcare team. Our imaging services are accredited by ISO 9001 and the American College of Radiology.
Certifications: Baptist Health Corbin has been awarded certification to ISO 9001, the internationally recognized quality management system. This certification has been awarded to every department in the hospital along with our off campus facilites, making Baptist Health Corbin the only hospital in the State of Kentucky, and one of less than two dozen, in the United States with this highly esteemed certification. The certification represents a landmark in the hospital's quality roadmap and reflects a long-standing commitment the rigorous requirements necessary to remain certified.
In addition to being ISO 9001 certified, the Magnetic Resonance Imaging, CT and Mammography services have also been accredited by the American College of Radiology.
Register in advance for your procedure
Baptist Health Corbin offers a full range of highly advanced options including:
- Diagnostic Radiology. We offer all general radiology services (x-rays and fluoroscopy) now in an all new digital multipurpose rooms that allow us to perform regular fluoroscopic exams as well as interventional angiography procedures much more rapidly with less radiation exposure to the patient.
- Nuclear Medicine. We provide the latest technology available, including nuclear cardiac exams. In addition, our physicians are licensed to administer Strontium 89, a radioactive material used to treat cancer patients with painful bone metastases.
- Brilliance CT. Baptist Health Corbin recently purchased the latest radiology imaging technology from Phillips Medical Systems. This advanced computed tomography scanner (often called a "CAT" scan), produces crisp, detailed images of the body in mere seconds, helping doctors quickly assess a patient's risk for stroke, or other life threatening illnesses with a less invasive option.
- Ultrasound. Ultrasound uses high frequency sound waves to "see" the internal organs in your body. Ultrasound does not use x-rays; and is generally painless and non-invasive.We offer a full range of diagnostic studies, including obstetric echocardiography and gynecological studies.
- Breast Diagnostic Services. Our new dedicated Baptist Health Breast Care was the first facility in the region to offer 3-D digital mammograms and has been providing digital breast imaging since 2006. Our 3-D digital mammography, breast MRI and ultrasound services now feature the R2 ImageChecker a computer-aided detection system that helps spot early signs of breast cancer. Stereotactic breast biopsy, a minimally invasive procedure, is offered to our patients because its provides a significant advantage over conventional open surgical biopsies. It is less painful, no tissue loss with little or no scarring. Recovery time is minimal.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) Services. Baptist Health Corbin installed a cutting-edge 1.5T magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system – the EXCELART Vantage™ powered by Atlas – from Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc., delivering unmatched image quality, while allowing faster imaging times, quick and accurate diagnosis and maximum patient comfort. This service is available at Baptist Health Imaging South.
PET/CT Scan Baptist Health Corbin has a mobile PET/CT scanner that comes to the facility twice a week. PET/CT is the most advanced medical imaging technique available today, combining Positron Emission Tomography with Computed Tomography. PET/CT combines the fine structural detail CT with PET's ability to detect changes in cell function. This combination allows for earlier and more accurate detection of disease than either CT or PET alone. It also helps the physician diagnose a problem, determine the best approach to treatment or monitor the patient's progress.
- Bone Densitometer Baptist Health Corbin purchased a GE Lunar bone densitometer, which measures the density of the spine, hip and other bones which are the most frequent sites of fracture, helping us identify risk at a much earlier stage.
Outpatient appointments can be scheduled for your convenience at any of our outpatient facilities including Baptist Health Imaging South, located on Cumberland Falls Hwy; Baptist Health Imaging North located behind Baptist Health Fitness or Baptist Health Imaging & Diagnostics located at north London.
For more information about the Radiology department at Baptist Health Corbin, call (606) 528-1212 extension 1142 or 1143.
For information on how to prepare for a specific exam, click on the appropriate link below:
- Barium Enema
- Bone Density Test
- 3-D Digital Mammography
- Nuclear Medicine
- PET/CT Scan
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Upper GI and/or Small Bowel
- Breast MRI