12 Tips to Reduce Stres
Stress is blamed for almost everything that goes wrong these days -- in our homes, at work and in our society. It is true that stress can make you feel sick and lethargic and can shorten your life span. Eliminating as much stress from your life as possible can help you live a better and longer life.
Follow These Steps to Reduce Stress
- Adjust your work environment to function as smoothly as possible. Be sure everyone knows their responsibilities and keep communication open and clear.
- Make your home environment more pleasant. Improve relationships with all family members.
- Take mini-vacations more often. Take an alternative route to and from work to avoid poor road conditions and traffic overflow.
- Manage yourself better to perform daily tasks more efficiently. Schedule flexible time for relaxation. Delegate duties when possible to reduce your work load.
- Learn to say NO when you are overloaded. Realize you cannot be all things to all people.
- Exercise more. Physical exercise if one of the best methods to reduce stress. Do something you enjoy such as walking, swimming, jogging, tennis or bicycling. Spend at least three hours per week doing some type of activity.
- Engage in escape activities such as reading a book, listening to soothing music, watching TV, going to a movie, gardening or just sharing time with a good friend or family member. Pursue a hobby you enjoy.
- Develop your spiritual life. Count your blessings and take time to meditate. Clear your mind and focus on peaceful thoughts.
- Share your thoughts and feelings with a loved one or a close friend. Talk about your problems, worries, frustrations, hostilities, etc.
- Resolve conflicts and problems so that you have more control over matters in your life. Be patient to hear the other person's point of view. Be flexible and learn different ways to solve conflicts. Eat a well balanced diet.
- Eat slowly and enjoy your food in a pleasant atmosphere.
- Take a nap, if possible. A 10-minute nap on a stressful day can work wonders.