Projects Sponsored by Volunteers
Our adult and teen volunteers participate in many fundraising events to provide for both the hospital and community we serve. Here are some of the projects sponsored by Baptist Health Corbin Volunteers:
- Provide teddy bears to children in Pediatrics and Outpatient Surgery.
- Car Seat Program, provided with the help of the Kiwanis Club, to provide infant car seats when needed. Criteria must be met.
- Surgical Pillows provided to patients who have undergone major surgery.
- Baby Memory Boxes, provided to parents who have lost an infant in the hospital. The Memory Box is a keepsake containing a baby outfit that can be used for burial, picture frame and place to put a print of the baby's hand and a lock of hair. During this sad time, the Memory Box provides some small measure of comfort to the grieving parents.
- Contribute funds to update and purchase new medical equipment for the hospital.
- Purchase pictures to decorate patient rooms.
- Handicapped Accessible Van - used to provide transportation for our rehabilitation patients during their therapeutic outings.
- Walking Track - The Volunteers donated funds to build a out-door walking track complete with exercise stations at Baptist Family Fitness. The walking track is free for the community to use.
- Reclining Chairs for the patient rooms. The Volunteers provided 70 reclining chairs for patient rooms. If you have ever had to stay overnight with a family member then you will appreciate the reclining chairs instead of the standard straight back chairs usually found in patient room.
- Murals painted in the Paul Parker Pavilion and Critical Care Unit to transform those areas into beautiful landscapes; murals painted in the Pediatric unit to transform the area into a Pediatric park with each room a different theme.
- Inpatient Lobby was transformed with a Tuscany landscape mural, water feature and decorations to provide a comfortable setting for our patient families.
- Scholarships awarded to teen volunteers who have served at Baptist Health Corbin for over four years and worked over 1,000 hours.
- R2 Image Checker - used for early detection of breast cancer
- Pediatric Paddles for Crash Carts
- Purchased 15 Transport Wheelchairs