Community educational programs
Baptist Health Corbin's educational programs include birthing center classes, CPR classes, diabetes education, Germbusters, hospital tours and a wide variety of speakers on health topics.
- The Baptist Health Corbin Medical Staff Academic Scholarship Program is available for students in the healthcare field.
- Birthing Center Classes and Programs, including an Early Prenatal Class, Breastfeeding Class, Prenatal Class Series and breastfeeding support.
- Community CPR Classes, to teach members of the community this life saving skill;
- Cumberland Healthcare Incorporated (CHI) Scholarship Program is available for area high school seniors in the healthcare field.
- Community Health Services includes Body Recall, Germbusters, and hospital tours.
- Diabetes Day Camp is a one day camp held each summer to help children between the ages of 6 and 15 learn how to deal with their diabetes. Cost is free.
- Diabetes Smart. . .You Can Do It! which teaches diabetics management skills to care for themselves, thus improving blood sugar control and overall quality of life; and meets at Baptist Family Fitness.
- Germbusters, a program which teaches children the importance of proper hand washing to prevent the spread of infections.
- Cooper/Clayton Smoking Cessation Program, a program designed to help you quit smoking.
- Hospital tours, are scheduled for schools and organizations upon request.