Birthing Center Classes and Programs
Baptist Health Corbin is committed to preparing expectant parents and families for the childbirth experience. We offer a variety of classes to meet your unique information needs. Class dates and times are available in the physicians' offices or you may call 606-523-8734 for class information.
This two hour class is held once a month and covers:
- Nutrition and exercise guidelines for pregnancy;
- Warning signals;
- Normal discomforts during pregnancy; and
- Pregnancy Do's and Don'ts.
Bring a blanket and pillow to the class, and plan to attend it early in your pregnancy.
This two-hour class is offered from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. once a month and covers:
- Preparation for breastfeeding;
- Starting out right;
- The technique for helping baby onto the breast;
- Father's role;
- Returning to work while still breastfeeding; and
- Collection and storage of breast milk.
Husbands and significant others are encouraged to attend.
Prenatal Class Series
Baptist Health Corbin's Prenatal Class Series is on Monday evenings from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. for five consecutive weeks. Topics include Labor Guide and relaxation techniques. An all-day Saturday class is available which covers most of the material from the series.
Classes are FREE to those expectant parents who are planning to deliver at Baptist Health Corbin.