Nurse Extern Program
Baptist Health Corbin welcomes student nurses to join an innovative program that helps you:
- strengthen your clinical skills
- explore career opportunities
- acquire workplace experience
- paid summer employment opportunity that might lead to employment at Baptist Health Corbin as a graduate nurse
Nurse Extern Responsibilities
As a member of the health care team, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of care, under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse. You will strengthen your clinical skills while learning the professional practice model for nursing.
Student nurses must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for this program:
- current enrollment in an accredited nursing program with the goal of becoming a RN
- successful completion of at least two clinical semesters prior to beginning the externship
- submission of a completed application
- satisfactory interview
- submission of a) letter of reference from a clinical instructor b) school transcripts c) current copy of school's skill list d) immunization certificate e) American Heart Association CPR
Baptist Health Corbin is committed to supporting clinical practice excellence. In accordance with that committment, the hospital promotes an environment conductive to professional growth and learning.
Baptist Health Corbinsupports a wide variety of clinical settings for our students so that they develop their talents in providing care. The hospital works with area colleges to provide clinical rotation opportunities for students enrolled in nursing and other health care professions such as Respiratory Therapy, Radiography and Phlebotomy.
Lincoln Memorial University
Offering "Quality Education Close to Home"
An Associate Degree of Nursing may be obtained at Baptist Health Corbin through Lincoln Memorial University. The full class schedule and clinical rotations are provided onsite.
For more information about the nursing program at Lincoln Memorial University, Harrogate, Tennessee, call 1-800-325-0900 or visit their web site at http://www.lmunet.edu.
Contact the Education Department about nursing opportunities at Baptist Health Corbin at 606-528-1212 extension 8319.